REPORTS TO: Maintenance Supervisor
CLASSIFICATION: Full-Time: Hourly/Non-Exempt
Our company is looking for a highly skilled maintenance technician with experience in the manufacturing/production industry. Under the direct supervision of the maintenance supervisor, the maintenance technician will be responsible for the operation and maintaining of all machinery, equipment, production support tools, the fabrication of parts, and all other components that are essential to keep production running at maximum efficiency. All work will be done in compliance with all safety and OSHA rules and regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing scheduled routine preventative maintenance on all production and support equipment.
- Troubleshoot and repair all equipment breakdowns and issues in production that include, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, natural gas burners, and other components.
- Fabricate or machine parts using machine shop tools and equipment; lathe machines, drill press, brake press, shearer, hand tools, and other tools that will facilitate the completion of a task.
- Communicate with production leads and supervisors on production schedules to coordinate any repairs.
- Train and guide production machine operators on correct operation and handling of machines and equipment.
- Log and track spare parts and inventory essential in minimizing production downtime.
- Provide daily written maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and logging data collected from repairs perform or issues found.
- Perform facilities maintenance repairs; minor carpentry and plumbing repairs.
- Troubleshoot and repair hydraulic and pneumatic systems; dismantle hydraulic pumps and cylinders, troubleshoot, maintain, and repair air compressors.
- Dismantle and rebuild power transmission parts; gearboxes, bearing housings, shafts, sprockets and bushings, ring gear and pinion assemblies.
- Troubleshoot, adjust, and make repairs to diesel and combustion engine.
- Perform preventative maintenance on forklifts, scissor lift, and other handling equipment.
- Perform repetitive daily, weekly, and monthly routine maintenance schedules. Perform lubrication schedules using automatic and hand grease guns on all types of bearings. Check for correct belt and chain tension.
- Use torch and plasma cutters to cut metals.
- Weld using a stick, tig, or mig welder.
- Work around natural gas combustion burners.
- Operate heavy machinery, forklifts, high reach, etc.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- Maintain and repair maintenance shop equipment.
- May be required to work in small spaces, on ladders, platforms, or roof tops.
- All work will comply in accordance with all safety practice guidelines and company policies.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Occasional crouching, grasping, climbing, reaching or light lifting (up to 50 lbs), pushing or pulling (up to 150 lbs.)
- Must wear appropriate protective gear and clothing as necessary.
- Will be exposed to higher levels of heat, dust, adverse weather conditions, moving mechanical parts, and moderate to loud noise levels.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required;
- A two (2) year AA degree in mechanical, electrical, or industrial maintenance is a plus;
- A minimum of four (4) to six (6) years of relevant experience in a manufacturing environment preferred; with a strong mechanical background working in maintenance.
- Must have knowledge of occupational hazards, safety precautions, practices and procedures applicable to the maintenance department
- At least three (3) years welding experience using a mig, tig, and stick welder; certified training is a plus.
- Basic understanding of PLC’s, VFD’s, and electrical theory is a plus.
- Experience working around electrical voltages ranging from 110volt to 480volts.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a team oriented attitude.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong work ethic, self-motivated; driven to make a difference.
- Well-developed problem solving skills and ability to develop conceptual alternatives with minimal supervision.
- Proactive approach, look for potential issues and find a solution.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and urgencies dictated by the work environment.
- Flexible, organized, and manages time very efficiently; ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as technical drawings, blue prints and/or sketches, safety manuals, operating manuals, and maintenance instructions required to troubleshoot problems and complete repairs.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.